The companies and organizations who support the Motorist Assurance Program agree that:
- All products and services advertised by companies participating in MAP are to be truthfully, clearly and accurately described and illustrated.
- Advertising should enhance the image of the industry and help build customer confidence in the service provider.
MAP participating companies will:
- Conduct themselves with integrity and in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
- Ensure that any claim made in advertising is supported by a reasonable basis in fact.
- Avoid depicting a product in an unsafe manner, or in a use for which it is not intended.
- Stand behind the products and services they sell.
- Abide by all applicable advertising guidelines as set forth by the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Federal Trade Commission, Broadcast Network TV Standards, and other regulatory bodies.
- Have all advertised products and services available in sufficient quantity to meet reasonably anticipated demand, unless the advertisement discloses the number available or states "while supplies last."